Thursday 29 March 2012

Teardrops of a Clown

A Chunk of Wood
Well, another day, and another selection of courier types to hang around in wait of.

So I was going to plot the finer details of The Tatty Adonis One, and lay them out before you like pearls (no offence), when a great chunk of wood arrived and I got sidetracked by blinding ambish.

But what to do..

First thought, maybe a Ricky 620 shaped thingy?

But the wood was too small for that. I really should measure these things.

Then I thought - a Vox Teardrop.

And that looked good.

So do I do a Tele pickup/bridge etc. ?

Maybe

Or even a P90 and a humbucker?

Too Small for Ricky - Shame
Hard to say.

Still, I think I'll wait for the neck before I get too carried away, I'd hate to mess up the bridge placement and all that.

(Man I'm on old pro' - slap the warpaint on and off I go).

But the UPS chappy just arrived and took The Foxy Roxy One Dave-wards. Blimey.





That interrupted the flow.


Where was I? Oh yeah...

So that is good.

As for The Tatty Adonis One, the front and back are drying for the day, but look rather swish, although worryingly, there is something-of-the-swirl about them..

Just Right for a Teardrop - Huzzah
As for the rest of the bobbins -

1. Maple/Rosewood Stratish neck

2. Wilkinson Steel Blocked Trem thingy for mucho zinginess and sustain

3. Single humbucker at the bridge. Not quite sure what yet, but there we are. I want something bright and sunny, I think. I may well use the Gretsch one, as the neck one was rather lovely in The BDSM One. Hmmm...

4. Tuners - I've really liked the Wilkinson pre-aged Rotomatic types, so I'm going with them as they are my new favourites.

This week anyway.

5. Scratchplate - I am really tempted to go for a nice torty one, just for a change. It is either that or something to match the body. Mr Mojo is doing me a wiring loom, which is all cool and means the guitar will work, always a bonus.

As for when - well, it is Easter holibobs for a fortnight after tomorrow, so The Tatty Adonis One might have to be my holiday 'treat'. chopping wood will have to wait until I can be alone. By which time hopefully all of the tooly stuff will have arrived...and I might even get the Ronin One bridged up and ready to go.

Got to pack The BDSM One up now though, as it is off to Greece in the morning (well, another day of courierdom to look forward to, I guess.)

La la laaa

No comments: