Tuesday 20 March 2012

Time Ronin One...

Well, I got all excited for a minute or three when the posty delivered the rather lovely and chunky 'Harmonica' bridge for The Ronin One, then less so when my suspicions that it wouldn't fit were confirmed.

So, as it was the last throw of the die, I basically need to drill new holes for the thing, after first plugging the existing ones. Which sounds easy when you say it quick.

I've had some knowledgeable advice, and it seems I need some tools I haven't got, so I've ordered them (I needed them anyway, so tis a good excuse) and so I'm back to waiting on that score too.

The other good news was that the other Gibson Marauder pickup arrived too. I love the fact they are both stamped with dates in 1978. I did wonder when I was ordering them whether they would be kosher, but to be honest who would be arsed to fake them? Bloomin' enormous looking things they are, and I'm betting they sound rather craze-filled when I get to try them proper like. I'm itching to give it a blast as it feels beautifully solid and heavy. Mainly because it is, I guess.

As for The Fabulous One, there is no more word on that either, though the trapeze bridge and neck are here, which is all good. I just need somebody etc.

As for my templature, well they should be here later this week, and I'm planning on going to the wood recycling place tomorrow or Thursday, so that will be good too.

All at a bit of a stand still then really.

And odd though it is, while I'm waiting I've been having a bit of a play on my Jazzmaster. I know I got all frothy about the Mojo pickups, and having played a few other guitars in between, it is nice that when I plug it in, it still sounds brilliant. I can just lose an hour or two and have this silly daft grin on my face for the rest of the day.  *sigh*

La la laaa

No comments: