Saturday 17 March 2012

Getting Wood. It Can Take A While These Days

Some Old Wood, I Haven't Bought
Well, what can I say - the recording never quite happened due to a knackered PC, but such is life.

I think of it as a merciful release for one and all..

Instead, I've kinda got my act together a wee bit. First I sorted out some chunks of wood to chop up, and then secondly I'm hoping that I've sorted out some templates to give me a clue where the chopping should chop.

I'm not overly worried about the guitar outlines, I think I'd rather come up with my own in time, but I have been a tad wary about things like neck pockets and getting the sizes right for pickups and bridges and things like that. There seems a certain logic to it. Anyway, fingers crossed it pans out, and I'm sure I'll mention it either ways up.. I'm a talkative kinda chap, let's face it.

As for other stuff, The Fabulous One is a tad delayed, but I'm hoping The Ronin One will be somewhere closer parts-wise in the next week or so. I have half an inkling that it might fill my heavyweight Les Paul needs for a while at least. Which are distressing me somewhat since the exit-stage-right of The Old Burny One.

I've been tempted to snap up a Vintage or a Chinese Tokai or something else cheersome and cheap, but I think like the Gordo I want to get something that has had a life already that I won't be tempted to Jookify and therefore that I can keep. Easier said than done though. Especially when you are brassic.

Speaking of which, I've mooning over a couple of Les Paul Studios at the moment. Both are time-stained and battered, but the owners, quite unreasonably imho want money for them. I really think I'd be better equipped for a world of barter - I could just slip them a couple of Wild Boars and all would have been sorted. Palm in a pint of newts or something by way of goodwill.

A ho and a hum,
as Wagner used to say
was a good night out.

Ah well, I'll play the Jooky three while I can and see if I can forget yellowing neck breaks and the rest.

La la laaa

No comments: