Tuesday 13 March 2012

Waiting For The Imaginary Man

Well, another day here in la-la land and I'm still waiting for the postie..waiting, waiting waiting...

While I have been doing that, and being as I have offered to give it away, I figured I might as well finish as much of The BDSM One as I can, and when the missing tuners arrive we'll be in clover.

So that be what I did and done done.

The pickups are connected to the switch, the switch is connected to the volume, the volume takes a wee diversion into the tone cul-de-sac and then pops back before making a dash for the jack socket thing.

It is like topographically-challenged-clockwork, quite lovely.

Of course I can't really tell you much about the tone as without strings all I really hear in a 'clang' when I tap them with a screwdriver - I used to have a tuning fork which was more tone-filled, but haven't got a clue where that has gone.

But in so far as you can tell by comparing clangs and the odd 'clunk' for goodly measurement, they sound well matched, so I am hopefilled about them.

Other than that, it is all back together again. And I even touched up some of the chips in the walnut veneer with iron paint so that the vile plastic beneath doesn't glow in the dark. I really should have painted in before putting the veneer on, but there we are. I wanted a splintered veneer so I can't really complain too much, as splintered and mishoven it be.

I remembered to put the Gretsch knobs on though, which is sad but makes me happy and smiley. I do in fact smile, despite the lack of post to get excited about.

Assuming the tuners do arrive I might even have it playing today. (Be afraid).

Though as the bratskis are home before the postie can drag his sorry carcass all the way up here from the nearest pub or three, tomorrow is perhaps a better bet.

I've just realised that I forgot to ground the trem.

*sigh*

Which is probably the clincher. There is always something.. Oh, and I've got to ream out the tuner holes, and I don't know where the reamer is. It is all coming back to me.

Also waiting for the postie's tender caress, is of course The Dust My Broom One, and depending on the timing of his appearance, assuming he makes one and doesn't have another dozen for the road, ending up face down in a bush sleeping it off with my parcels as a pillow, I might even get both of them sorted on the same day - which would be a first and is therefore unlikely to happen.

As firsts rarely do, of course.

Especially twice.

That, however doesn't need reaming, assuming I ordered the right control plate, so I might do that first, if I am quite honest. Which I try to be, flies with warts and all etc.

As for my other long-term-sick baby, The Ronin One is still waiting for a bridge from the US. Which probably means that there is an American postal operative off his face on gin andfunny looking rocks, hiding my parcels in his loft. I've read Bukowski. I am also waiting for a pickup too, but am coming around to using the one I took from my Gordon Smith instead as I liked it and have a low tolerance for boredom, which is odd as I am a Baggies fan..

Anyway, in other news, I'm not quite sure how, but a couple of peeps seemed confused by my little offer yesterday, so to be clarity incarnate....

If you Buy The Foxy Roxy One by Clicking on the big yellow button on this page,
I will also send you the rather crazy The BDSM One absolutely free.
Where FREE means for nowt, zilch nada and not a penny more.

So, Buy One, and You Get One Free.

Tis being as simplistic as that.

But aren't we all?


La la laaa






No comments: