Sunday 4 March 2012

Coool Cap With A Trilly Hat

Hmmm, well what can I say. I never got too far with the routing of The BDSM One on Friday, as I was a spanner short of a tool removal. Which basically means that I still, after 48 hours, haven't managed to get the router off of the router table so that I can use it.

Later then, I will be going spanner shopping, which is a tad frustrating, but there we be.

On a positive note young Marc of Mojo Pickup fame tells me he has started dipping bobbins and doing other technical things, and should be winding the pickups for The Dust My Broom One in the nearest of potential futures. I can't wait to hear them, not least because the comments/reviews I've read have all been suitably positive. It is a guitar that needs playing too - it is sat in the corner spitting poisonous gubbins at me as I type this.

He has already made a fistfilled with dollars, OK maybe capacitors, and sent me a nice foto of them - so here they be. Now are they the coolest thing, like Ever?

He really is a top geezer, I know I'm starting to sound like an iCarly fanboi, but such is life. Tell it like it is, know what I mean?

But the routing deficient The BDSM One. As I don't actually need to chop chunks out of the body, I could take a trip down the paisley highway so that I can point and shout 'See, I have started, really I have', but it would feel like I'm bottling it again, so spanners it be.

I have a whole month to do this, so how bad can it get?

Elsewhere, I did spend a lot of time playing The Foxy Roxy and Old Burny Ones side-by-side (not an easy trick, I think you'll agree), as I'm all intrigued and perplexed by the pickups in both. The both I'm talking about are of course old Gibson pickups - 'Velvet Bricks' in the FR and "The Originals" in the OB One, and have long been superceded by all manner of other types there in the wonder-filled world of Gibbo.

OK, the guitars are different materials, but I can't get my head around just how different they sound. The ones in the Foxy Roxy are a bit more defined and 'woody' if that makes sense, a really All Right Now sort of sound to them, while The Old Burny One is a bit more growly and harder to clean up.

I think the thing I'm confused by is how come they seem to have so much more 'personality' than the modern Gibson pickups I've played in recent Les Pauls. Don't get me wrong I like the '57s - the one in my Gordo has a great sound, but these two just feel a bit more...raw, or something. Less polite. foul mouthed and...alive. (Gord, sorry about this.)

Hmmm, interesting.

Should I mention that I'm football happy?

Well, in the last three games, we have put five past the Dingles, and got their manager the sack, 4 against the Mackems who luckily had only recently got a new manager and then yesterday brought a rare home win, rarer still as it was against Chelsea of all peeps. Who will probably sack their manager for stooping limbo-like and low.

And I know Chelski aren't at their best at the moment, but I never remember West Brom getting credit for all those years we were really crap when we got beat by all sorts of 'lesser teams'. What can I say? Harry for England, and we'll keep 'Woy' for another couple of years, if that is OK with you?

Boing boing, I'll say no more.

No comments: