Wednesday 14 March 2012

Introducing: The Dust My Broom One

Well, I'm pleased to be able to introduce you to The Dust My Broom One, a quite exceptionally cool Telecaster that plays and sounds dee and vine, in that order.

From the top it is an ash bodied Tele, maple/maple neck and features a ratherly stunning corroded copper and bronze top, and rusted iron back.

Tuners are your traditional Fender/Kluson jobbies, while an old Japanese Fender ashtray bridge gives all the twang you could want from the, err, thang.

The piece de la Resistance is a set of quite face-ripping '50s style Mojo Pickups handwound Broadcaster pickups. These, along with one of Mojo's handwired looms, and a rather unique Jooky branded capacitor, sound absolutely amazing.

In fact my normal font of hyperbole is dry and crumbly.

Over the last year or two, I'd come to the conclusion that the Bare Knuckle Brown Sugars and The Boss sets were my favourites as far as Tele noise-makers go. Then, with The Gypsy One, the Jess Loureiro ones I felt were as good as the Brown Sugars, which was definitely high praise as far as I am concerned.

But, I am slightly shocked to have to re-calibrate my prejudices and beliefs (ahem) as there is something extra about these Mojo Broadcasters that I think give them an edge on any of the others.

Yes, roll your eyes, and I know we all claim our latest squeeze is the best ever, but there is truly something special about the pickups Marc at Mojo is winding at the mo', that leaves me slightly smacked-of-gob.

I guess it is hard to describe such things, but there is this little spark of something that even my missus recognised.

The Jazzmaster ones were exceptional, and these are too. I almost daren't try his other wares, but no doubt will in the coming weeks and months.

Suffice to say this is a special sounding as well as looking guitar, and I'm all chuffed and pleased and verily rather proud. Didn't even burn my fingers this time either ;)

In summary, cool as funk, and if you are looking for Tele pickups (among others) I'd give Mojo a try.
oh, and if you want a cool sounding Tele, you're going to have to fight me for this one....

La la laaa.






No comments: