Sunday 11 March 2012

Feeling Fabulous

An Old Fender Coranado I
Earlier sometime.
Well, I'm grabbing a tender couple of hours today so that I can get The Dust My Broom One set-up and working. Yesterday was seriously frustrating - lovely guitar - pickups to fit and no chance at all to do it.

My timing is usually off.

Anyway, if it gets done I'll no doubt mention it once or twice.

Thinking forward, as The Old Burny One is off to pastures new, it means I've got the bunce to do a few things. First of which will be to get meself a nice Coranado-ish body to play with.

This is coming from a chap who makes such things, and I've already scored a nice Stratty neck to go with it.

A quick flurry of emails and he is going to put one together for me, tweaked to meet the needs of my very own peccadilloes...

Not strictly ballroom, but I have a Bare Knuckle Dogear P90 that might just find itself doing the noisy thing. Other than that I'm thinking single volume, single tone and the jack socket on the front.

I've also asked that there is a control cavity cut into the back, which again isn't one for the purists I'm sure, but makes life simpler for those of us that suffer with Multitudal Thumb Syndrome.

As for the rest I'm thinking some kind of fancy tailpiece as I doubt I'll find one of those clunky Fender 'Big F' ones, and I'm not sure I'd want one in truth if I could. With consistent indecision, I'm equally floating-voterish about the bridge just something arch-toppy I guess.

Finish-wise, I haven't really decided, though I'm thinking the back and sides should be stained and oiled dark, whilst the top should be a bit of a contrast. Maybe gold leaf or copper perhaps. I don't know, we'll just have to see how The Fabulous One grabs me when I see it in 3D.

La la laaaa

1 comment:

Dickinstein said...

Who's making it for you ?