Monday 12 March 2012

Silver Dream Trundler

The Old Burny One
Not a body bag
Well, yesterday's fine intentions in the putting-the-tele-back-together-again department never actually happened, although I came close. In fact all was going well until I realised that the lovely CTS knobs were too big for the holes in the control plate I had to hand.

Which was a tad annoying as I normally have a few such things about the place. Worse I couldn't even find my reamer to make the holes bigger. In the end I did the decent (lazy) thing and treated myself to a newly relicked one, which will hopefully turn up tomorrow.

*sigh*

All of which means that today, in between waiting for a courier to take The Old Burny One to it's new home, I'm going to be doing err, something else. Incidentally, do you think I overdid the gaffa tape? The Old Burny One leaves in a Hiscox case, wrapped in a duvet and black bags and then cheekily sports 50 metres of gaffa tape. Sadly I measured it. Maybe that is too much, I don't know.

One courier has already arrived bringing a quite old and battered Gibson hardcase to fit a Les Paul. The fact I haven't got a Les Paul of any description now (until The Golden Shower One shows up again, and that has a hardcase already) is perhaps a bit daft, but my old and equally battered Gordo fits in there, so I'm convincing myself that was the plan all along. Not very convincingly convincing though, it has to be said.

As for The Fabulous One, the body should be here this week which is cool, so I went on a bit of a spree on the strength of it, snapping up bridges and tailpieces, a neck - always handy -  and boring stuff like strap pins and those long floppy things.

Strings, I'd run out of strings.

My weekends are so rock 'n' roll, well, r 'n' r anyway.


None of which helps me fill my empty, quiet and generally sad daytime hours, so I really need to think of something cool to do. Apart from waiting for UPS, and measuring more tape.

Laters m'dears

La la laaa

No comments: