Friday 9 March 2012

Mr Mojo Landing

Well, I (literally) just received a lovely parcel from Marc at Mojo pickups, it were like Christmas - paper everywhere and a little quiver in my voice.

My hands were shaking too, but nothing new there.

And so I opened it, and inside there were a pair of Tele pickups which I will be plopping into The Dust My Broom One quite shortly enough.

These are based on the old Broadcaster ones and use Alnico IV magnets, for added warmth on even the chilliest evening.

In addition, the chap has done a fantastic job on a wiring loom for the same guitar, including a 'Jooky' branded capacitor. Of which I'm secretly verily pleased, even though my hard-man-of-fabric-covered-guitars image won't allow me to suggest such a thing.



So clearly it means nothing to me.
Oh Vienna.

But they are here, presented perfectly and ready to go. I can't wait.

So next job is to put that little lot into The Dust My Broom One, and try and remember some Muddy Waters madrigals.


But what is that, in the corner of the pile of Mojo paper?





Could that be another wee pickup?

(It is still panto season, innit?)

Well, beholden and Lo - Marc seems to have given me a Jazzmaster pickup to put into The BDSM One.

And that bit is true, Marc has very kindly donated one of his prototype Jazzmaster pickups to the £100 Challenge cause, bless him.

This is made a bit differently from his normal Jazzmaster pickups, there was something about the winding wire, and has something else different that he explained very, very slowly using words of teensy syllable counts, but I've forgotten anyway.

So I can't be waiting to hear that either.

So in summary, what a complete star the boy is. He has even put connectors in the bag so I can plug them together instead of soldering them. Genius. That's one less trip to casualty.



Right, I'll be back later on to formally introduce The Dust My Broom One, as let's face it, even I can't screw this up....

Well, maybe.

And I've said it before, but feel I should repeat that Mojo Pickups can be found here, and here, and they come highly recommended from all in Jookyland.


La la laaa

No comments: