Sunday 25 March 2012

All About Aged Mahogany These Daze

Well,  the weekend is brightly yet breezily endowed and the noise levels are back thru the roof thanks to a local bratski infestation.

Getting entirely side-tracked while I wait for other bobbins to show it's face, I decided I would put my little bronzed Strat together this week. Need to keep my hand in after all.

The body was a nice ash one (I keep notes and sometimes find them) and I think I'd saved it for a special occasion, which I'm presuming was Easter. I also have a lovely maple boarded Strat neck which was going to go on The Fabulous One, but can be diverted for a goodly cause.

I don't have a Stratty bridge/trem, but they are hardly rocket science and tuners, well, I'm always buying them. Got a standing order with Axesrus on that score.

As for the finish, I want to do a bronzed one that has been more naturally corroded - something more statuesque, with a bit of a jaundiced-lemony-twist.

As for the pickups, as I said, I'm going to continue with my nascent routaling, and it will have a nice Jazzmaster pickup at the neck and a humbucker at the bridge. This will either be the other Gretsch one from the 5120, or perhaps something a wee bit warmer, I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking I might try a blend pot too, while I'm at it, especially if I go a bit hot-hot-hot on the 'bucker.

So that's the plan for The Tatty Adonis One. Tis going to be a little bit groovy and not a little twangtastic.

La la laaa

No comments: