Wednesday 7 March 2012

WIP: The BDSM One


Well, I've put The BDSM One to one side for a little while as basically, I don't want to peak too early. I've got the whole month to do it and I need the adrenalin rush of a last minute panic, otherwise it won't feel right. Needless to say it will be verily Jookified when I get around to finishing it. Probably on the 30th.

Where it stands is that the body is covered in lovely paisley. The scratchplate has a walnut burr veneer, and the headstock is a rusty iron combo. But it will stay that way now for a little while.

One thing I am doing today though, is covering a glow-in-the-dark, Tom-Cruiser-toothipeg-white Jazzmaster pickup cover in iron paint so that I can rust it. It will stand out like a twirly-lit-house against the walnut scratchplate otherwise.

Speaking of which, I edged that with iron paint, but didn't rust it in the end as it looked nice all dark and brooding.

But I'm not thinking about the BDSM One for a while.

Not even the lovely, slightly glittered paisley or, or, or well any of it.

Today then, apart from rusting pickup covers, I'm not thinking about The BDSM One, OK?

Although I have got to find some tuners, which shouldn't take too long.

And I could oil the roseywood 'board and give the frets a quick polish, as they are minging.

And I need to find some scrap strap pins, there are some leftovers around here somewhere.

La la a laaaa

No comments: