Monday 26 March 2012

Templature Rising...

Well, I had a bit of bad news on The Fabulous One as the chap who was making the body is unfortunately ill and won't be making them anymore.. Obviously, my disappointment isn't really relevant, so there we are. Hope he gets and feels better soon.

I mentioned this to Marc at Mojo - he is going to do me another funky wiring loom for The Tatty Adonis One - and it seems he had bought one such body off the chap already, and as luck would have it wasn't likely to use it. And me being a scavenger...

So The Fabulous One looks like it might happen after all, which is a bit of a result as not a lot else around here seems to be. Ah, the ups and downs, the ins and outs, the general roundaboutedness of Jooky life, tis never boring. Apart from, well, when it is.

This week though is all about The Tatty Adonis One and today I am planning on getting the routing sorted out. I had a bit more of a praccy over the weekend and am getting vaguely competent now, so fingers crossed. I have invested in a dust mask and some gloves though as I've come to the conclusion that breathing in wood dust isn't ideal. It gets stuck in your teeth never mind anything else. Good job I don't breath thru my nose, though maybe nasal hair would come into it's own, who can say really.

And as luck would have it, my lovely collection of guitarish templates just arrived from Matt at Kemp Guitars in Cornwall. As you can see it was a bit of a 'Starter Pack' - templates for neck pockets, Tele, Humbucker and P90 pickups and bestest of all for a Vox Teardrop, a Rickenbacker 620 and a Fender Telecaster. I forgot to ask him for a Jazzmaster one, so I must remember to do that.

OK, I've got a bit of learning to do, but if nowt else I can stand in front of a mirror and strum my MDF Vox. A boy needs some entertainment, after all, and it isn't that far off a Danelectro, when you think about it.

They are (amazingly) for another day though, as I'm going to carry on with my routing of The Tatty Adonis One as I'm never been one to jump around and get distracted, me.

La la laaa


No comments: