Monday 2 April 2012

WIP: The Tatty Adonis One

Well, as the parts for The Tatty Adonis One have started to drift in, I thought I'd do one of my artistically bereft plonk-togethers, so you can see what I see, as it were.

From the top then we have the Bronze and Copper acid-beatified body and matching Telecaster headstock. The fotos really aren't catching the depth or richnessicity of the bronze/copper of this one for some reason - perhaps the watery morning light, or more probably a lack of talent in the photographic dept. I would guess - but it really looks quite stunningly cool in person. Oh and the pup only has one screw holding it in place as I need to drill a couple of holes, so I know it is Wonky McShonky

The scratchplate is a lovely reddish-brown tortoiseshell, which the chromey goodness of the Gretsch pickup and knobs (co-ordination dahling, it is sooo very me) really looks the part. Oh, I forgot to plonk the knobs on - you'll just have to visualise them, baby. Though again, there is another something-spesh popped up on the radar that I may go for instead of the Gretsch pup....so it may well be featuring that instead.

The bridge/trem thing is a Wilkinson steel blocked one and is all good and zingy.

The wiring will be here this week and is another Mojo Pickups harness, custom crafted up North somewhere, and has another lovely big lump of a Mojo capacitor in there too as well as CTS pots and funky wire. Man, I love funky looking wire. Sad I know.

What else? Well, I have gone for the pre-aged Wilkinson tuners again as they look good and are as solid as a rock-like object and other than over-sized strap pins I think that be about it.

I know you are expecting me to say that I am looking forward to playing this one, and you would be right, not least as I'm Jookiless and getting a bit twitchy about it. The other, less sad reason, is the buzz I get from hearing these guitars for the first time, as basically I never know how they are going to be - in terms of pickups + everything else - until I plug them in.

I've got big hopes for the Gretsch pickup, mainly because the neck one sounded brilliant in The BDSM One, but the Plan B is something that promises to be a bit spesh. So either way could be cool, methinks.

But anyway - thumbs-are-all-a-twiddle once more until things start to arrive.

L la laaaaa


Yes, those are stained glass windows reflected on the 'plate,
I do live in a church and not on an
estate of 500 houses all with the same
unique design features




Blimey, I actually managed to fotograph
that so it looks coppery - the horror

No comments: