Wednesday 18 April 2012

A Marauding Kinda Day, I Feel

Well, today is all about The Ronin One, bless it's little Marauding socks of time-tinged cotton.

I won't go over the-story-so-far, but suffice to say that all we are in need of is some wire between the two 1978 vintage Gibson pickups, some twirly pot things, a blend pot and a jack socket. Then it will be a guitar. Simple, innit.

It isn't The Ronin One that I've been thinking about though, instead it is The Pearly Dewdrop One, which is the name I'm giving to my first Jookily Carved guitar. I know, I've been putting it off for years, but we're here now.

This is going to be a Vox teardrop shaped body, with a Strat neck and probably a waxed rust finish or maybe a bronze top. I'm not sure yet.

Either way it will boast a Bare Knuckle P90 at the neck and a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates humbucker at the bridge. Controls will be Tele-like  and I'm going to go for some sort of fixed bridge, haven't quite decided what yet.

As for doing it, well I'm assuming that there will be a swarm of dead trees along the way, but it basically needs me to rout the neck, pickup and control hole-things. Once they are OK (I hear you laugh), I'll cut the teardroppy outline out.

All of which will go simply and straightforwardly and cause no pain at all.

We know that from past experience.

I gave it a name in the end so that I'd keep going on it, but I wouldn't expect to see this in the very nearest of futures. But that's the plan...for what it is worthy of.

But not today. That is soldering and then de-bugging and hopefully a bit of noisy strumification on The Ronin One.

I feel very grown-up, finishing things before I start something new. Only The Ronin, Kooky and Fabulous Ones to do then before I can legitimately start chopping the wood.

Possibly.

La la laaa

No comments: