Friday 13 April 2012

Cool As Funk

Mojo Wide Range Humbucker
Cool as Funk
Well, it's funny how the fates conspire. Sometimes even at the fade-out it seems that it goes horribly wrong.

I only popped out for ten minutes, I swear, and by the time I got back an hour later I'd missed four separate deliveries.

None of which I can collect until next week, and one of them quite definitely the Dirty Fingers pickup for The Tatty Adonis One..

So that is that stuffed, my last hope for a finisher for the holiday, gone for the sake of a loaf of medium sliced white, some Smarties Cookies and a bottle of pop.

Gutted.

Or rather I was until Marc at Mojo Pickups sent me this picture of the prototype Wide Range Humbucker he is sending me, and the Dirty Fingers were quickly forgotten as this is what my Tattiness most definitely needs.

So that should be here next week, fitted moments later (ahem) and clover thy name is Jooky's err, bed. Or something.

Cheered me right up, it did.

As for the paislification of The Kooky One, circumstances beyond my control meant that too is one for later next week. I can't help feel that there will be a glut of Jookies come May, and then I'll start mithering about having too many guitars again.

Speaking of which, it isn't a Les Paul, but I've seen a bit of an oddity on Ebay I may have to snap up, but we'll see how high it goes (hopefully not out of reach - a tee and a hee) as it looked rather cool in a functional, Gordon Smith on Steroids kinda way.

Never a good sign is it? Browsing around Ebay, looking for something to do...

La la laaaa


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! That's my pickup! :) It's every bit as good as you say. They sound great clean, very clear and precise tone but plenty output too. Lovely pickups and most recommended.