Thursday 12 April 2012

I Played a PRS, and I (gulp) Sort of Liked It

Well, everything else is ready but still no pickup to grace the tender spots of The Tatty Adonis One, so all I can do is pretend in front of the mirror on that score. No  doubt all good things will happen soon, but I was sooo close to putting the Gretsch pickup in today I could almost taste it.

In fact I would have, if it hadn't meant drilling a couple of holes in the scratchplate - not that I'm normally shy, but it would seem a waste if I'm taking it back out tomorrow. Still, there we are, such is life.

As for The Ronin One, I've got some hopes of a bit of late-nightally-nocturnal soldering on that score, which may or not happen. Though whether it is a wise thing, I'm not sure. Last time I left the iron on until the following lunchtime before I remembered it..

Hmmm.

Maybe I'll put it on a timer switch or something.

As for other bobbins, the usual waits all apply I guess, but I missed out on the grimly delish Les Paul I was half-hoping-half-dreading, so it is back to the drawing board on that one. Shame, but que cera.

I played the Gordo again today for a while, and couldn't remember why I wanted a Les Paul anyway...then I played a PRS SE Bernie Hardsden one, which is more of a Les Paul than most Les Pauls I've played, and it blew me away. Not that I'd get one, as I couldn't see myself as a PRS player. Even playing at home I'd have to wear shades. Beautiful guitar to play in the dark though, has to be said.

La la laa




No comments: