Friday 27 April 2012

Fuzzy, Yet Flanging Too

Well, I've been away a couple of days, so nowt really to report on the Progress of the Jooks, but I am going to order a new blend pot for The Ronin One today, which will be exciting.

Well, for me anyway.

Other than that, I'm hoping for a couple of new arrivals. neither of which are guitars or have elements d'boutique as they are pedals made by Boss and Zoom.

Never though mass consumerismisational stuff would happen to me.

The first is uber fuzz from a Zoom Ultra Fuzz. I've never tried one, but been told that these go above and beyond in the fuzz dept. so that means it has to be worth a try. I found a couple of YouTube vidz to fall asleep too, as you can see.

The Boss is a Flanger (HF-2) as basically, I can't imagine fuzz without flange, and Boss pedals are just predicable and good. So what can go wrong.

I realise I keep buying pedals and then using them twice and then selling them, but such is life. It hardly stands me apart from the flock.

Other than a bit of tinkering, I can't see me starting The Fabulous and Kooky Ones until next week as real life has jumped up and started waving, but you never know...

Elsewhere in footyville, it saddened me (though not for too long or muchly) that The Wulfes went down last week. I'm sure we'll smell see them soon, one way or another, but there we are.

What I won't miss is The Villa if they go down, but I can't quite see it happening, not least because my Baggie boys are no doubt mentally on Weston-super-Mare beach already and we play them tomorrow, which should be enough for them to stay up, I would think. Nice to finish above them for once though.

La la laa


4 comments:

wooden man said...

Nice one Mark! Dibs on the Ultra ;)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

:o) Am I sooo very obvious?
OK, I know the answer..

Chris Gorman said...

Zoom UltraFuzz! You must be the only dude I know, other than me, who has one! Hurray! And I can attest that Jookys sound great thru an Ultrafuzz. All of them. :)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Heh Chris - it is really cool. I've been making my guitar fart all evening, what better way to spend a Friday night? Err...