Monday 9 April 2012

Dirty Fingers?

Well, the egg hunt is long gone and over - I came third out of three, despite a tad of insider dealing- and there we are.

More importantly, as far as my mental health goes - I can't seem to make my mind up about The Tatty Adonis One at the moment. One minute I'm thinking Gretsch 'bucker, the next I'm thinking Mojo Wide Ranger and now I've snaffled an old 70s or 80s (who can tell?) Gibson Dirty Fingers pickup, I'm wondering about using that instead.

It is daft I know, I should just get on with it and do, well, something.

The reason for the dither has as much to do with The Kooky One, as I quite fancy putting the Wide Ranger in that after a period of navel contemplation, and the tattyness feels better being warmer, if that makes sense. Teach me to listen to DeLange and Co.

Of course if I talked myself into putting the Gretsch one in I could finish the guitar, but you have to go with your 'gut' in such matters, I always think, and my belly is aching in a noisy direction. Maybe lay off the Sugar Puffs for a while.

Anyway...so what is a poor boy to do?

I'm really not sure, but slowly coming down on the side of the dirty digits. All of which is a bit different to the original idea, but such is life in Jookyland.

In other news I've been thinking a bit more about doing a walnut veneered Tele/Esquire, and I think once I catch-up, that will be a nice wee project. I really lovely the battered look of The Gypsy One, and it is 'an area I would love to further explore'. Pretentious am moi and all that.

But we're still on holibob duty, so that will all have to wait, I guess. Unless I just use the Gretsch bucker and at least be able to give The Tatty Adonis One a strum or three, to tide me over. Maybe, just maybellue

La la laa

No comments: