Thursday 12 April 2012

Jooky Special Blend

Well, the blend pot and the rest arrived for The Ronin One yesterday, so as soon as I get a chance to fire up the soldering iron, and then another four attempts to get it right, we should be, finally, in business.

I truly have no idea how the aged Gibson Marauding pickups will sound - I did test them for workingness, but can't remember the numbers, but I have an idea they will be on the hot side of ouch.

Which should be fun. Given all the maple I'm expecting something bright so have gone for an appropriately unlikely capacitor to try and balance things. (Don't ask me what as I thought it thru, got the cap, then instantly forgot all the details. Including where I've put-it-safe).

But that is about it - nigh on ready to err, rock. I'm sadly most impressed by the blend knob chicken headed thing. It's the sort of thing that keeps me going, so don't laugh too much.

As for The Tatty Adonis One, we're all ready to go as soon as the pickups arrive... The DIrty Finger is in the postie's clutches, so you never know it might be this week sometime, but we'll see.

In other news, yesterday afternoon was spent helping my lass make herself a cuddly toy out of some offcuts of paisley fabric. Sewing isn't really my thing so it is held together by fabric glue, and is currently drying and awaiting a bit of a stuffing.

She wants to take it to her verily rather C-of-E school when she goes back, for a show 'n' tell type of thing, which should be interesting, it being her 'Cuddly Jesus Toy' and all.

Ah, I'm sure they will love it. (Do they expel kids at 5?)

Oh and I might have found a nice Les Paul project. Busted neck, but not the end of the world. (How did I get so cocky about such things?) and it looks truly horrible, everything I wouldn't want in a Les Paul, so that's perfect twice over as it will definitely keep me interested. More on that if it happens anywaysup and thanks for the pointer Sam.

I am coming to the conclusion that I enjoy the making more than the playing of guitars these days, or at least I spend a lot more time on that side of things. I am going to play more though (that goes down as a warning to anybody near-close, so no complaining I never mentioned it, eh?) and even learn some of those chord things before Christmas. I've just got a couple of things to sort out first...

La la laaa

No comments: