Thursday 19 April 2012

Thinking Kooky

Well, The Ronin One is still scattered across the kitchen table, but hopefully I'll get a chance to sort it out soonishly or at least this week.

The Les Paul is distractedmakingly lovely, but is now back in it's case until we am marauding, so maybe I can concentrate without getting all pentatonic.

As The Ronin One is nearly there, I'm allowed to think about what is next and it seems to be The Kooky One - mainly because I need a neck for The Fabulous One as I decided I wanted a big headed rosewood of board one, instead of the maple/maple jobbie I'd got lined-up.

I can't remember if I said, before or even many times, but the final line-up of specifications for The Kooky One is...

1. Ash bodied in an offset direction, to be treated to a lovely blue paisley finish.

2. Maple/Rosewood neck. I have a truly lovely one so I'm all proud of it. It even fits, which is better still.

3. Gretsch humbucker with a couple of Lipstick single coil pickups to give some spangle among the jangle.

4. Mojo wiring loom, CTS pots, PIO cap etc. I know it is cheating but MarcyMarc puts the wires in the right places which is a definite step forward. The caps are of course to-die-for too.

5. Wilkinson Steel Blocked Trem. I love the sound of The Tatty Adonis One, so more of the same.

6. Wilkinson Tuners, iirc. They are in a box somewhere and I can't be arsed to check.

7. Corroded copper scratchplate, as it should 'tone' neatly with the paisley if I get it right. (I mixed the acid a bit strong and melted the plastic before - oops)..

8. Gretsch knobs for the classy among us. Well, you. I'm a no-hoper-beatnik-crusty-with-a-dog-on-a-rope in the fashion stakes.

And that is about it.

How hard can it be?

La la la

No comments: