Wednesday 4 April 2012

Absolutely, Probably Fabulous

Well, the problem with indecisiveness or a flippy-flappy mind, if you prefer, is that you keep moving the goalie's coat. Which is obviously acting-as-a-post. And makes scoring slightly a personal matter, perspectively.

I mention this as I had a lovely wee parcel from Mr Mojo, and in it is the rather pretty yet lovely wiring loom for The Tatty Adonis One. Which means that I could wire it all up today and be twanging by sundown (bratskis permitting.)

Well, I could if I hadn't changed my mind about using the Gretsch pickup, which is sat there looking lovely and full of shiny chrome-bejazzled delight, and instead put me back to waiting for the Wide Range one instead.

Such is life.

Also in the box, and rather rough around the edges yet beautifilled all by itself, is the Coronado body for The Fabulous One, which as you can see looks woody but all the nicer for that. I'm going to be sensible and sort out the woodwork before I do the finishing (despite natural urges to do something, well anything) as that is the grown-up thing to do. And you would expect nothing less than innate maturity from this direction, I'm sure.

As for the finish itself, I'm alternating between a battered veneer and a corroded bronze top. Either would, I think, look pretty neato, so I'm not fretting overly. Just haven't decided which would look the neatoest. That's OK, I'm cool with it. I flow, so easily, man.

Plonking it together for the first of times, I think the tailpiece works nicely and if I could remember where I had stashed the bridge, that would too. This isn't meant to be a Coronado replica of course, so I got a Maple/Maple neck, and am going with the Bare Knuckle P90 Dogear thingy for noise making duties. A tone and a volume knobby collective making up the numbers.

All in all then, the neck step is woodwork, so I won't touch this until the post-holiday freedom opens out before me, but there we are. Something to look forward to.

Today though is all about waiting for courier-types all over again, but what can you do.

La la laaaa





No comments: