Tuesday 3 April 2012

I Ching, You Ching...

This Beautifilled Creature Must Die
Well, all things in Jookyland are subject to whimsical variety, and so in the furlong d'finale, The Tatty Adonis One seems to be trundling in such a misdirection.

I mentioned that I might not go with the Gretsch 'bucker, and this may well be the truth of the matter, as I'm in line to try one of the humbucker-sized Wide Range pickups Marc at Mojo is 'prototyping' at the moment.

I'd read on MR that he was putting some together as a trial for a top geezer called Cam, and figured like some oinkingly fat bespoiled brat that I too would like a bit of such action, and Marc has humoured me, and there we are.  Cam is in fact my leader as he was the one that pointed me in Marc's direction when he got a set of Mojo's Jazzmaster pups, so all is cool with frosted toppings t'boot.

Anyway, Marc is winding it for me this week, drilling holes parallelogram-like in the metal bits and I'm all a buzz and a flutter if not a twitter.

I know, tis sad, but that's me...all verily kooky jooky.

I'm also sort of glad to report that young David of Gorman fame received his latest Jooky Guitar Kit safe 'n' sound, and will be getting the rest of the parts soon. I'd managed to forget to remove the 'holding' screws I'd put in the pickups and replace them with the ones I'd ordered and left on my desk, wondering why I had got them in the first place.

Ahh, tis never simple, and I can only put it down to caffeine withdrawal or perhaps the death of a braincell that had important work to do in the echoey hollowtude of my bonce.

Not that I feel overly stoopid.

Much.

In less embarrassing news, I've already found a home for the Gretsch pickup if it doesn't in fact habitate The Tatty Adonis One, as it will instead find itself getting nailed into The Kooky One.

Oh, didn't I mention The Kooky One?

No, I do realise I haven't mentioned such a painted heroine before, but I snapped up an offset body and some nice paisley and am going the HSS route, pairing it with a couple of Yankee Fender pups. I've never done a HSS guitar before and I figured it was about time.

And yes, I said paisley. It must be the summer-like weather, but I fancy doing something clean and bright for a change. Though maybe a corroded copperificated scratchplate would look good...

(Just seen the weather and they are talking snow, typically.)

Other than that it will be a nice roseywood boarded Strat neck, and all the usual Jooky goodness. More on that when I get around to it though. I can't even be arsed to talk about waiting-for-parts-tools-Xmas anymore.

Other than the-story-so-far, yesterday left not a lot to report in truth. More squabbling brats and AWOL couriers, I guess, and in desperation we popped off to see the animals trapped in cages at a local garden centre.

As a good veggie boy and owner of a very old (and far too tiny-wee) "Meat Is Murder" T Shirt, I should probably have released them, and wafted them toward freedom with over-the-top arm motions, but I have this fur allergy and to be honest I don't eat meat because I don't like animals and I figure that if nobody ate them farmers might have to get rid of them all and we could do something useful with the land instead. Plus they might have to get proper jobs. The farmers I mean. So a win all around, really.

A ho and a hum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! LOL. Marc just mentioned we were both hoovering up his latest works. Let's compare notes on the WRs when we get them loaded up. I'm really looking forward to trying these too.

Cheers,

Cam

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Yeah, be interesting to compare.. I had a play on an old Tele the other day with the 'originals' and they sounded really cool, so fingers crossed. I got faith in the boy anywaysup ;)