Sunday 29 April 2012

Not Very Much Lots of an SG, But..

Well, please don't take this as a plug to try and flog the thing - I hope you don't think me some kinda cynical get - but I gave The Tatty Adonis One a good go yesterday, tweaked it to bits and my god that is some guitar.

One pickup, simple as 'eck, but the clarity of the Mojo Wide Range 'bucker is just stunningly cool and when I finally get around to getting an SG there will be one of those babies at the bridge, make no mistake. The neck is just lovely in-the-hand too and the frets are lovely and shiny. What more could a boy want on a wet and windy day?

And speaking of getting an SG, well obviously it was top of my mind yesterday as I seem to have acquired - or will soon have - a rather bashed-around-the-edges PRS SE One. Which is nothing like an Epi SG apart from that it is Cherry coloured.

Another single pickup jobby.

I have mentioned before that PRSi aren't really my cuppa, but the one that has always caught my cornea is the One. A single P90 Les Paul Jr type of thing, but with rounded edges. I've always struggled with the idea, tbh, and if it had been a double-cut rather than a single, it wouldn't be happening at all, but I know I'm shallow so whatever.

On the Big-Pluses-List, I know I like the pickup, let's face it, I've used them a few times before, so it is a bit of a win on paper.

Single pickup guitars, a theme re-emerging.

As for other things, I have yet to start the paisleyification of The Kooky One, but I have coppered and corroded the scratchplate. It needs a lacquering, which I might wait for the weather to dry out before I do that, but once that is done a quick bit of solder and the Mojo harness can be introduced to the lippy and Gretsch pickups and all will be well and waiting for the body.

So finishing my Kooky monster this week might be pushing it after all but at least I've done something. You know how I need to be seen to achieve, I should be on the apprentice.

As for today, well, not too much will happen as there are other spratlings to Spry Crisp and Dry, but this week, it is going to be good. Eventually.

La la laa

No comments: