Friday 20 April 2012

Ronin Along...

Well, I'm all rather chuffed with meself as I've managed to make The Ronin One work. Blend pot, 70s pickups and all.

I think the thingy that shocks me most is that it is simply amazing that you need to connect wires in the right place for the thing to make a noise, such an old fashioned idea, it has no in-built intelligence, your electric guitar
maker.

I'm not entirely convinced by the tuners, so they will probably be swapped, but I can't really tell until I go out and buy some more strings as I have run out again. But there we are, I can do that, I'm empowered and everything. Until then I'll just sit and blend the clonks a screwdriver wheedles out of the pickups and dream of better days.

Speaking of which, next up is The Kooky One, so with a bit of luck I'll be able to get going on the body later today. I'm going to break a habit of a lifetime and make sure I have all the parts before I start, just to see what it feels like.

Other than that, I've given The Tatty Adonis One a bit of a tweak here and there and it sounds deevine. I'm loving that there Mojo Wide Ranger, I can see those popping up again in other Jookies.

So with a fair wind at my back, hopefully there will be some WIP and a bit of an introduction later this weekend. That would be a good end to a shonky week, methinks.

Elsewhere, I gave my Les Paul a bit of a spoodle yesterday, and a string change. I've been having some probs with my hand, so I thought I'd try some lighter strings - don't think I've used 9s in years - but I was a bit wary of the low strings being a bit wussy.

So, catching up with the rest of guitarville, I thought I'd try a hybrid set where you have the lowerer three from a pack of tens and the higherer ones from some 9s. (I know you can buy them pre-done, but whatever), and it actually worked for me. Never thought I'd put 9s on a shorter scale guitar, but you can get used to these things when you have to, I  guess. Not quite sure what I'll do with the other half of the set, but it explains why I haven't got any left for The Ronin One.

Next week I'll be putting spider gossamer on my Jazzmaster. One to look forward to.

La la laa


No comments: