Friday 6 April 2012

Feeling Ssssuperstitious

Well, not a lot to report about yesterday, apart from the consistently ominous presence of a lone magpie staring in at me thru the window. I'm not over superstitious (even when the writing is on the wall), but I make an exception for magpies as they always seem to be right.
Beady eyed little gets.

Elsewhere, the body for The Kooky One arrived along with some quite spendidly triffic sky blue paisley that matches my eyes - well maybe the bags beneath them - and everything else is pretty much en-route or ordered or will be soon. I could start on that I guess, but not properly and that magpie's juju glances told me yesterday wasn't the day as I'd no doubt have screwed it up.

As I am rapidly losing track of what passes for reality (excuse the repetition)...here's the score laden doors:

1. The Fabulous One - Routing and finishing and well, lots to do really. Still waiting on a couple of things, mainly opportunity and bottle.

2. The Kooky One - Everything to be done, and generally waiting for timely stuff to do it.

3. The Ronin One - Remember that? Waiting on a drill to sort out the bridge and then we will be rapping in clover.

4. The Tatty Adonis One - Only needs the Wide Ranger and Toto to come down the yellowing tarmacked road and we shall be in single-pup heaven.

5. Lumps of wood - so much r&d it scares me. I don't think I can claim anything more for them at the moment other than future pain and gnashing in a tootherly direction.

As for my personal stash, I fixed the Gordo last night as I hadn't gotten around to getting a different P90 but I wanted to play it. An old-fashioned thought for me, I realise. While I fixed it -  broken jack socket, even I could manage to spot it - I took a moment to put a different capacitor in it while I was there and surprisingly it sounds different. It was like somebody took a pillow off the front of the speaker. For the Phat Cat P90 that is, the Gibson '57 still sounded rather neato.

The cap was some enormous green thing I got from a shady geezer in the 'Dam, o-u-a-t, but was the same rating as the one already in there and all that. Hmmm...maybe vintage vibing voodoo isn't just superstitious nonsense after all.

Maybe the magpie really can chortle at my grey-tinged soul.

Sorry if this is all a bit disjointed. The school holibobs always do my head in a wee bit, but they are when I kinda think about this stuff and the think being thought is that I definitely want to crack on with the woodwork in terms of making some bodies. So that is good considering all the wood, templates and tools I've stocked and piled. 

Besides that though my plan is to continue not to plan as whenever I get to the point that I don't know what I'm going to do next, something always pops up and slaps me around the chops and there we are.

And no, it isn't dressed as a plumber.

So my Easter resolution or revolution if I'm on the spinnyround office chair, is to go with the flow bro'. etc.

Just watch out out for the magpies, you always have to count the magpies. Unless you are in America, then it is crows, I think. Which obviously won't work as everybody knows crows are thick and know nothing worthy of worry or consideration.

Heh ho

La la

2 comments:

Dickinstein said...

Absolutly love the fabulous one. With the one pickup it has a bit of the Tom Delong gibson vibe. Awesome to hear your starting to make your own bodies dude. I have a template of a la cabronita tele (with humbucker routing) that mr fusion guitars (simon clarke did for me). I never did get the nerve to do it (or more importantly the tools) so if your ever driving past oxford on the was to brum, give me an email or a txt and I can meet you somewhere and you can have it dude :-)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers Andy - I'll give you a shout :)

Have to admit there has been a whole lot more talk than wood chopping so far though... ;)