Tuesday 2 August 2011

WIP: The Tripadelic One

Well, middle of the night again, but my little trip down memory bliss meant that I actually got to fabricify The Tripadelic One with it's beautiful multi-coloured message of peace, hope and err, rainbows.

Yes, it is very similar to The Peace Train One, but that was blue and this isn't and the guitars are quite a bit different. So my conscience is clarity itself.

As for the pickup bobbins, as I said it is going to be a single humbucker in the shape of a Bare Knuckle Holy Sinner, with a push-pull coil-tap thingie and a germanium Sophie's Filthy Boots built-in, instead of the tone knob. (I realise this may not be to everybody's taste, so when it trundles it's way to the block, I will of course offer to change it back to a tone control. Which to be fair may be useful on a single pup guitar after all. Maybe I should do that anyway, hmmm. Have to think about that.)

So please ignore the mundanicity of an aged white scratchplate with three single coils. It will never happen that was, all is illusion.


As for the neck it is a big headed rosewood/maple jobbie, and when I get around to finding them it will probably have a Wilkinson bridge and some sort of locking tuner.

I know sound-wise it is nothing like, but I see this as a bit of a George Harrison 'Rocky' kind of thing, so may have to come up with something suitably trippy for the scratchplate. I could use the same fabric, or like The Peace Train One go for a plain scratchplate, but nah, be nice to do something different.




2 comments:

Fat Old Man said...

... and wouldn't it look lovely sitting next to The Peace Train One?

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Well, if the Jooky museum has space...