Friday 5 August 2011

Bye Bye Blue Bird

Ah well, The Blue Moon One is off to pastures new, bless it. It'll seem odd not having an offset guitar around the place again, though the Telemaster one is here soon so normality should be resuming pronto like, methinks.

Still, The Blue Moon One...on it's way. I never thought I'd finish it, never mind see it off on life's twosted journey, but there we are. All things change.

But with a tear in the old eye, and back to reality - well, I finally got to the bottom of what to do with the Tripadelic One's scratchplate, and figured that a contrast would be good, and copper leaf  could be just that without looking overly boringesque, like black or white.


And there she was...
Gone


Alternatively I might go back to Plan W and paint it, but something more abstract rather than the initial Rocky idea. Though paulski73 suggested a mirrored one in the comments, which I have to say is a pretty good idea too.

So in summary, my decision is made,
it is just that there are a few options to consider.

That are all totally different and discrete.

So you could say I haven't made any kind of decision whatsoever.

Which would be cruel
however accurate and
basically true.

On a plus side, it is soon to be wired with a Sophie's fuzz and a killswitch if I can find somewhere in Bristol that stocks such exotica, the tuners are on their way, so there is only actually the scratchplate left to do. Which is most odd. This is normally the bit I work out first. In fact this guitar has been a bit backwards from the end and as we approach the start, well, it leaves me perplexed.

Anyway, I also plan to wire-up The Moulin Rouge One, which just needs tuners now and it is ready to go. Well, ready to have strings and be set-up, but that is close enough.

In summary then, those two should be finitoed next week sometime, which is all good, and the Drip Dry One may well follow shortly after. I think I've sorted the missing pickup out for that, but we'll see later-like.

So today/the weekend - hopefully some soldering, a lot of sleep, tuners to fix, strings to put on and well, no doubt different directions to spiral off and into.

No comments: