Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Moulin Rouge One, and other bobbins


Well, it took a while in the end, but I'm pleased to introduce to you, my sweet baby The Moulin Rouge One. And what a hot and heavy wee girl she is too.

From the top, my latest trick is a Classic Custom Telecaster design and features:

- An alder body, smothered in variegated and then patinaified gold leaf

- She has a rusted iron covered scratchplate

- A maple neck with a roseywood fretboard

- Wilkinson EZ lock tuners, graphite saddled err, fixed bridge thing

- A PRS P90 soapbar at the neck, which as a wise man once said - is sex-in-your-face

- A Bare Knuckle Holy Diver humbucker at the bridge

- Les Paul-esque switches and knobs for twiddling purposes

Playing, well as expected as a whole symphony of different sounds and can be tweaked in many directions. I really love the PRS P90s (I may have mentioned that), but this is a first for me as far as the BK Holy Diver goes and it is seriously hot and loud. Thru a nice wee valve amp this really does the business.

In summary, this is my attempt to do the BFG thing, but err, with a Telecaster instead of a Les Paul and with a finish in stead of just bare wood. But there we are, I never said I was accurate.
So there we are, rock 'n' roll..

In other news, the neck showed-up for The Grecian 201 One, and amazingly it fitted without me getting blisters with the sandpaper. I also got some nice Gotoh tuners and a bridge which means that tomorrow I can move onto warmer climes... Looking forward to a bit of jingle to go with me jangle..

La la laaaa

No comments: