Tuesday 30 August 2011

Getting Into Shape

The Crowley One
A Shape
I haven't done anything about it as of yet, but I really fancy doing another 'shape' guitar, maybe a Firebird of some kind or a Vee. (The Crowley One scratched the Explorer rash for a while.)

Coming to the end of my parts stockpile means I can start to think about what I'd like to do, as opposed to all the things I wanted to do that I hadn't gotten around to doing and this, along with something Teardrop shaped immediately springs to mind.

Other things I can see me doing are some sort of Rickenbacker shaped guitar - 'inspired' I should say - along the lines of a 620. As with the teardropped One, I don't mean that it will be a clone, just pick up on the outline of it which I've always thought uber cool..

I also fancy doing something offset, but without curves, more plank like and rustic, and then...well, I can go on forever, in truth..

In fact there is a whole whirl going round, and round, and around and sometimes even up and down in my bonce and if I think about it too much I don't actually do anything else, so I tend to ponder, produce a list, and go from there.

As for finishes, there has been less fabric recently, but it hasn't disappeared totally, I just need to come from another angle. I like the metal paints and the leaf finishes too at the moment, and rust and corrosion of all of the above gives some amazing looks and I don't really think I've gotten started with them just yet. I also fancy doing something with acrylics again, and I still haven't had a go with laminates, and then...well, like I say, better to make a list, eh?

La la la

I love doing this.

1 comment:

fat old man said...

I've always loved the Vox Phantom shape - very retro and cool but I'd imagine it'd be hard to get a body to work from.