Wednesday 17 August 2011

Coming Home

Maybe this time...
Maybe...
Well, I tried. I can say that at least. Many people wouldn't have, but I did. I gave it a go, but as I think I always knew in moments of self-awareness, it was hopeless really. So now it is official - there is no way in the world I can solder guitars with kids around. Don't get me wrong, it isn't that they'd grab the iron or breathe in toxic fumes or cause mayhem. It is the noise, I can't hear myself begin to plan to think.

So soldering will have to be late at night, as I should have realised already, but there we are. Tonight could be solder night then. I might finally get The Tripadelic One sorted. And maybe even The Moulin Rouge One too, if I'm awake long enough.

Today then, I'm planning on something a bit different. Two things in fact...

First up is the Tolstoy-esque-very-long-story-where-not-a-lot-happens that is The Old Burny One.
I think I said before that I had previously gilded the top, but then didn't like my handiwork and so I stripped it back again. Well, today I'm going to have another go at gilding it. I've got some very very verily gossamer thin 24 karat gold, which floats on any passing breeze to use, which should be 'fun', but hopefully worth it in the end. So girdle loined and all that.

Secondly, I've decided that the telemaster is going to be rusted after all, but will be a different shade to those that have gone before. So today I'm going to have a go at using some bronze saturated paint on a Strat body I've got going-and-a-begging, and then attempting two kinds of patina on it, which is a challenge but looked good on the training pitch.

This is quite exciting.

Honest.

Well, it is if you are me.

Jangly Cool Tones
Coming back to Papa Jook
This - The Grecian 201 One - is going to have the ultimate in Jooky pickups, as I've just bought back the Retrotron Hot Liverpool, and Kent Armstrong Hot Lipstick pickups that originally appeared nailed to The OCD One, from Geoff, who had tried and preferred a more standard three single coil arrangement. Which is cool, I've always liked the idea of people modding the Jooky guitars, so this seems right somehow. What I haven't got is a neck, so I'm on the scramble for that at the moment. I fancy a left-handed one for this, but we'll see.




So that's the plan... Fotos to follow later if I actually really do anything other than talk a good game.

No comments: