Thursday 4 August 2011

More WIP: The Tripadelic One, But Not Much More

Well, it is likely to be a bit slower for a few days - I can't handle the high octane adrenaline rush of so much partial achievement, so many nearly done but not quites. I need to step away, take stock and generally kick back.

The Tripadelic One
Now boasting the right pickup and scratchplate...
But black?
Nahhhh
Or so I try my best to convince others.

Today's special treat should be the arrival of a shiny new, or slightly more olderer and batteredish, Bare Knuckle Holy Sinner pickup, for the Tripadelic One. I won't see this of course, but there we are. It's a pickup, I pretty much know what they look like by now.

Still, sad though it might seem, I can easily get excited about such simple pleasures. I still haven't decided on what I'm going to do with the scratchplate - I was thinking/plotting/planning to hand paint it a la a Magical Mysterious Rocky, but with Zvex and everything, it is kind of 'familiar' and they are only useful if you are a vampire. Which I'm not. So there. Despite my recent operating hours.

But what to do with the 'plate? The simple answer is that I haven't decided yet, so time will have to tell it's own dirty tales. Like the rest of us.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ Short Interlude With Incidentless Music ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Well, as it happens I did get to see the BKP Holy Diver pickup, which is very exciting, especially as it came already wired to the scratchplate courtesy of Bare Knuckle people themselves, by the looks of things. It has a sticker and everything, so it must be true.

As it happens though it isn't 4-wired, instead being vintage type, so I can't coil-tap it, but such is life. I always end up burning my fingers when I try to wire push-pull pots. To give it an option in the sonic stakes then, I am  going to go for the Sophie's Filthy Boots Fuzz after all. It is fun and I like a bit of a buzz. A bit of understated yet fuzzy germaniumness. And you can turn it off if it simply isn't you. It is no big deal. So why wouldn't I?

As for the scratchplate, well I can't quite bring myself to leave it black with a black pickup, so I will need to sort something out there. Suggestions on a postman, to the useful dress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mirrored scratchplate, that's what you want to stick on that there guitar.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Now there's a thought... Hmmm, I like the sound of that :)