Monday 8 March 2010

Tailor Made or Further Adventures In The Use of Fabric In the Making of a Guitar for Not-a-Lot of Money

Well, with another can of spray glue, I decided to trudge on and sort the front out too...not complete as the sides will need a fair bit of tidying-up, but hopefully you'll start to see the general idea.

The scratchplate is still the gold suedette thing I made, but I'm not sure whether we'll end-up with that. All seems a bit tasteful at the moment, I fear, and more to the point quite thick. I'm wondering whether I can find something better to be honest.

Other things - you might notice a single coil type cover at the neck. This is to indicate the Sustainer, but who knows...time will tell I guess.

I've also gone further with the smokification of the neck and scorched the headstock - and my fingers - in the process.

I have to say, it doesn't look much like a Telecaster to me anymore...

All part of the plan
kind of.

No comments: