Wednesday 3 March 2010

Ghosts In The Machine - Delta Guitars

One thing I try to do with this wee blog, is flag up other interesting things, people and places.

Mainly because I haven't got that much to say that would be seen as interesting myself.


Over the last few months, I've been 'following' a chap on the Music Radar forums, who has been publicly designing and defining a new guitar, that he plans to have made. Incorporating peoples' suggestions and ideas, that sort of thing.

As a result, his guitar design has evolved before the eyes of everybody interested and is excellent looking, it has to be said. He is now at the stage where he has got a 'Proof-of-Concept- built, and has been clever enough to get it made by a top notch luthier, which means it is a real-deal kind of guitar.

He has even put together a prototypical web site so that you can play and pick your own features, for a custom version of the guitar, you might one day want to buy for yourself.

You can have a go HERE.

The foto at the top of the page is one I fancied...

The long term plan is, I think, that he will sell the guitars in kit form but with guitar techs local to you available to put it together 'properly' if you so wish.

Now if I was being cynical I'd say that all of this is a masterclass in new media web marketing - and if the chap is that cleverly-cynical, well, good luck to him, he is very good at it, and nobody seems to mind.

However, it is all about guitars as far as I am concerned and even if he is being cute on the marketing side, I don't really care as the end result is proving to be quite lovely and he seems a decent geezer anyway, so good luck to him.

You really should have a play on the web page if you have a minute and keep an ear out for Delta Guitars and The Ghost, methinks it could prove to be something special.

No comments: