Friday 26 March 2010

Final Furlong?

Well, obviously, when I came to wire the Pretty In Pimp One, I was always going to realise that I was missing a couple of parts that might come in handy, wasn't I?

So, ordered they are - pennies from the 'net, or a budget-blowing-tenner from the local music shop - so I'll have to wait until Monday now to solder everything in place.

I should be within budget though - by pennies - which is nice, although I'm glad postage and finishing materials are out of the mix as I would have failed dismally.

So, in summary - mainly because I changed my mind so often, this is what the world has been waiting for:

Body & Neck came from a donor Tele-a-like. Nice quality for the price, and after selling all of the other bits that came with it the Net cost was £9.

Tuners: Gold ones. I had bought some Wilkinson ones, but ended-up using some that I was given for nowt . They aren't great and I will upgrade them post-challenge, but they should work well enough for now and kept me within budget - so thanks to Tom for those.

ABR Bridge and Tailpiece: £26 from Axesrus. I wanted something off the wall for a Tele and these gave me that gaudy feeling in excelsis.

Pair of Gibson P100 soapbar pickups £50 from eBay. Still not sure that I won't end-up with just one pickup on this, but that will be later or if I realise I've blown the budget and somehow forgotten.

Vinyl LP for the scratchplate, this was my own but for due diligence I had a look in a local charity shop and they had the same one for 50p

2 x Pots £2.20 from Axesrus

LP Style switch £1.99 from eBay

Strap Pins, String Trees, Screws scrounged

So as finishing materials don't count, although the cloth was a shiny sterling pound tops , and neither do strings I think the total spend was actually £89.70

Lovely. Though I hate too think how much time was spent, never mind how much I blew on things I didn't use in the end, postage and coffee whilst I pondered.

I do have to admit, that as I have a week left before this has to be officially complete, I might blow the rest of the budget on electronic gubbins and try and do something a bit flashy...we'll see.


The foto? oh, just the body with the LP scratchplate placed on...

No comments: