Saturday 20 March 2010

Learning The Odd Lesson Here and Over There

One thing that happened this week is that I learned a wee lesson about stuff. As I mentioned, a very nice fella bought the Paisley One, and wrapped heavily in brown paper and string, and then encased in boxes my local guitar shop donated, off it popped on the back of a DHL lorry.

I shed a little tear, our first Jooky guitar off into the world, but there we are.

Look forwards, that's the motto of the week.

Anyway, that was a week ago, and DHL's overnight service took four days and went from Bristol to Cambridge via Newcastle and god knows where else, but it showed-up. And I was pleased to hear that said new carer for the geetar thought it looked 'fantastic', which I'm chuffed about as you can no doubt imagine.

However, there was a bit of a 'but' which wasn't so good.

And the but was all about the fact that the action was very high, and more to the point that the neck was bowed.

And that this looked to be down to the neck bolts - the screws holding the neck on to the body - weren't all the way in.

The long and short of it then, and my first lesson, was that despite the fact that the Paisley One was very good for slide, it needed sorting out. Luckily, our buyer did it himself without too much trouble, and very thankful to him I am - he has been totally cool. My lesson though was that perhaps trying for added Jookiness by leaving the neck screws out a wee bit, wasn't the cleverest thing I've done.

Dumb, basically.

Saying that though, I think it may well have been OK if DHL had not bashed the parcel around - there was even a hole punched into the outer box - which brings me to my second lesson - all of our future guitars, assuming there are any, really must come with, and travel in a hardcase of some sort.

I know it makes it all cost more,
but better to get there in one piece.


Anyway, it all turned out well, but it's that easy innit?

No comments: