Sunday 7 March 2010

A-Pimping-We-Will-Go

Yep, finally got off me backside and did a bit more on the £100 guitar thingie...though to be honest I do feel like I'm drifting a wee bit.

What I did today, was change direction a little on the neck as the oiled version just looked a bit neat. Instead of going with the prissy-teen, I've rough sanded it back and have now decided to re-oil it, but this time it is coming out with a dirty, slightly streaked look.

OK, not an obvious thing to do, and it really isn't an attempt at producing a relic. The idea is that I wanted something that looked a bit beaten up and maybe even burned around the edges, as far as the neck goes...hopefully why will become clearer later on.

To follow this through, I've named the headstock, burning that in as well with the old burny-thing I used before on The Paisley One. I've also got a contrast in mind that will tie things together, but there is procurement involved with a teeny budget, so that needs to be juggled.

As for the body, I've half-chiseled things out there and I'll hopefully have that completed before I put this on the web site - if there is a foto, you'll know I did...though actually, as it turns out,I didn't.

What I did do was fit the nice gold tuners at a jaunty angle, although I couldn't find the goldy coloured string trees, so they will follow-on afterwards.

As far as the do-I-or-don't-I-use-a-sustainer dilemma, I'm still not sure on whether I will or whether I'll use the two P100s. I guess it will come down to time really. I'll try and get the rest of the guitar put together as soon as I can, and if there is time to do the Sustainer, I will, if not it'll be the twin pickups.

Though I've got the Octaver I never used on the Paisley One as well, 
Hmmmm....

Decisions, decisions.

Always the slowest part,
for me.

No comments: