Monday 1 March 2010

£100 Challenge - Day One

Well, nobody else seems to be doing anything yet, but I think today marks the start of the Music Radar Forum, £100 Challenge thing, and as I'll no doubt be going on about it for the next month, I figured marking the event would be good.

Saying that, it is more of a non-event as I probably won't do anything today.

But before the 4th of April, I plan to have built a guitar with parts costing less than a ton.

It is as simple as that,
truly.

If you look over there, you will see all of the parts, and they have cost me less than a hundred quid, so as long as I get it built,
lovely.

I'm in the quid seats.

For the record then, I've bought a cheap telecaster clone, flogged all the bits off it and plan to pimp it up - with the emphasis being on the pimping, using velvet, gold, gold and more gold.

I have Gibson P100 pickups, and am aiming to put a DIY sustainer on it too, assuming I have the time and can turn my Heath & Robinson, Jookified R&D into something that will last longer than the battery once it is stuck to a guitar.


Other than that, I was going to call it "Nouveau Riche One", but I think "The Pretty In Pimp One", is more fitting.

There are also lots of other people building guitars too, so I'll put links to them and their work as we go along.

Lovely.

No comments: