Saturday 20 March 2010

Not Jooky Really

This isn't anything to do with Jookyland, but I got my Jazzmaster back, all gleaming of fret and intoned with grace and charm...

I can't remember if I said, but I had flatwound strings put on - I've never used them before - and they are excellent and sound great.

More to the point, despite being 12s, they are a lot easier to play than I would have thought.

In fact all of these years I have spent in awe of these jazz guitarist who seemingly play with 'difficult' flatwounds in telegraph wires gauges, were clearly wasted as the gets knew what I didn't and that is that flatwounds are easie peasie to play with compared to roundwound strings.

Its all been a con
and I fell for it.

The
dirty
stinking
flamenco
thumbed
gets.



Bireli Lagrene - Jazz guitarist, and probably couldn't cope with your average Stagg Strat-o-like.
Maybe...

No comments: