Friday 19 March 2010

Frustrating Week

Well, it started so brightly - nice little pile of Sophie's ready to be put into tins and things, The Paisley One en-route to pastures new and The Pretty In Pimp One well on it's way to going together.

Then I managed to put my back out a wee bit, abseiling in Snowdonia.
Silly really, but it was that final 300 foot drop for the cameras that did it.

OK, maybe not.
I did rick my back but  it was stretching for something on a high shelf in the pantry.
Not so glam, yet
still bloomin' painfilled,
my days have proved.

Anyway, what it meant was that sitting to solder or drill was out, so no tins of fuzz just yet, so I concentrated on sorting the scratchplate for The Pimpy One...and what a mare that has been.

Basically, this was the first attempt.

It is faux suede, meant to be golden in hue,
and soft of touch
but looked a bit dowdy to me
and apparently like a piece
of cardboard to others.

It was also quite big, and I wanted something smaller.


Next idea then was to get some gold coloured velvet, which I did
as you can see here
but that too doesn't work.

I mean, I like gaudy and that is half the point here -
the fire-burnt-neck
and the seventies gaudiness of the body
I know, I'm
very deep.

But it looks rubbish
even by my standards.

Anyway, I have a Plan C now, so later I'll try and sort that out.



Speaking of the pimpy one, I've decided against the sustainer as it doesn't really fit with what I want to do with this guitar. I'm thinking funk or vague jazziness, and that doesn't feel right.
It is going to be a pair of P100s then
with maybe something a little extra if I have the time.

Nice to improvise a tad
here
and over
there.

So there we are, less than I wanted, but can't be helped.

No comments: