Wednesday 24 March 2010

Another Day, Another Donut

Well, obviously, the other day's euphoria at making a decision over the scratchplate - pickguard for our American readers, hi y'all - has given way to another change of mind. You see, I was pleased enough with it, but not, like, pleased enough, if you see what I mean.

I decided then to have another go, and that has been this morning's job. Another record bites the dust, but there you go. There were a couple of reasons for this Volte Mush, as cockernees say in Germany:

Firstly I decided that I would rather use a Les Paul type of pickup selector, rather than the Jaguar-esque slider that I had planned to go with. This was mainly because I wanted something that was a bit more on the solid side, but also because I'd used a slider on the Paisley One, and lets face it, life is too short to get in those sort of ruts.

Secondly, I just didn't like the shape. It didn't look enough like a record, too much had been taken away.

So there we are, and I am happier with the new one. The pickups and bridge pop through the plate and the record is as near intact as I could make it. The melted vinyl effect around the pickups looks better with them being surrounded too.

Other than that then, I did forget to put the screw holes in, which is a slight inconvenience, but I can do that once the paint has dried I guess.

As far as the putting-it-together goes,, the body is being readied for such interfacing at the moment and I'm aiming to have the electrics wired and ready to pop in tonight. Hopefully then, it should be playable this week, or maybe next Monday, depends how things go.


For the people who are waiting not-very-patiently for the Sophie's I've been promising, apologies, but they will be here when they arrive. The girl is always worth the wait though.

No comments: