Tuesday 12 March 2013

The March of the Gimps

Well, as it seems to be a day for futures, I was pleased and becalmed to see this foto pop along from Marc at Mojoland, as it is the first of the Jooky exclusive pickups that I'm going to be using on some of my guitars in the coming days and maybe even punting on the vapour-web-site I keep imagining might one day happen.

This is one of a set of pickups that will be going into The Spindrifting One, that will be unlike your usual Stratiness, and will in fact be voiced more along the lines of a P90/Tele with a more tone-filled and fatter sound for real noisy goodness.

This is something we've been collaborating on for months, and after long discussions deep into the night we've finally managed to define something I think will be pretty special.

OK,in truth the discussion went more like:
Me: Can you make something that doesn't sound like a Strat? I don't like Strats, like.
Marc: Yes. How about  like a Tele?
Me: OK, that sounds good.
Marc: Shall I make them then?
Me: Yes please.
And then I left Marc to sort out all of the messy detail stuff, like magnets and wires and things, but there we are.

Which oddly is how the Manhattan project got started.

Once they arrive, I'll be giving them a special Jooky finish, and there we are...

And as all good revolutions need a T Shirt, and every dog needs a name, I came to the conclusion that they would be known as GIMPS.

And we all need a bit of a Gimp in our lives, let's face.

Jookified Gimps, err, coming soon.

La la laaaaa




No comments: