Thursday 28 March 2013

And at long last...





Well, three months ago The Old No.7 One was waiting for a neck months ago, and this morning nothing had changed apart from the tale of woe and so finally we looked elsewhere and I have to say I got lucky.

Long ago I mentioned Monster Relics, an American company who produce top quality relic parts, and who's necks are seriously cool - bizarrely looking old rather than tortured - and looking around in the past the availability in the UK was crazy limited, so they ended-up on the nice-to-have list.

However, it seems they have a new distributor in the UK in the shape of Super-Tone, the parts side of Marc Ransley's Mojo Pickups) and so I have ordered a most beautifully cool looking neck to plonk on Pez's Custom Jooky, and I am all of a buzz and a flutter.

The neck is a proper 60s jobby, slab rosewood 'board, clay dots, nitro finish and a genuinely old looking colour that makes some of the relics you see out there look plain daft.

So that should be here next week and hopefully bolted on shortly after.

It's been a long time coming, but I think it will be worth the wait in the end...

And my only problem now is that I'm developing an aged part addiction that Marc's Super-Tone is doing nothing to discourage. There is a beautiful maple Tele board on there too, and...

Well, have a shufty for yourself at Super-Tone's wares Here and find out more on Facebook Here

La la laaaa

No comments: