Tuesday 19 March 2013

Going to get myself a pink guitar and play, sha-la-la-laa

 

Well, another chronic diversion from reality meant I didn't do much for the last couple or three days, but I am setting-up my lovely The Black Russian One at the moment, so hopefully I will do the right and proper introduction laters, taters.

In the mean time, and for no understandable reason, I seem to have acquired a guitar that is verily unlike me, big time and stylee. I mean I never liked them at the time, don't particularly like fizzy rock music and generally, well, never really thought too much about such thing. But it is fun. So whatever.

Anyway, it is a pink (OK, burgundy mist) Charvel - Made in Japan in '88 apparently, and I have to say it is rather good. Sharp headstock and funny Floyd thing included.

It is in amazingly good condition although it needs a few tweaks and I need to remember how to change strings on a Floyd as they are nowhere near my zone d'comfort, but there we are.

As it happens I got a snakeskin (looking) strap just last week, so it is a marriage made somewhere nice with a view.

Luckily, I don't own a vest so no Joey Tempest/Stanley H. Ogden visuals for you today I'm afraid.

Other than that, I want to fettle my Gimps, but Russia is calling firstly.

This blog is definitely taking weird turns.

La la laaaa

No comments: