Tuesday 5 March 2013

Like A Liquid Pearl Beluga

Well, despite the RM's best attempts, they finally gave up the post today and I received all manner of loveliness from the winding machines of Mojoland, not to mention some rather tasty wiring looms too...

And though the tailpiece and bridge are still not here (and I need a switch tip as I can't find the bag of them anywhere since I had a tidy) I put the HB sized P90 in at the neck and the PAF 'bucker at the bridge and generally nailed it all together.

And it sounds great - as far as my poor-man's-Ebow goes anyway (a tuning fork held over the pickups is so much more fun than hitting them with a screwdriver to see if they work), and now I am bugged that I am still missing some pieces from my shonky jigsaw.

But anyway, The Black Russian One is nigh on there so hopefully it will have strings by night fall and I can do some fotos of that instead.

It is all go, apart from that it isn't often recently.

La la laaaa





1 comment:

ralph said...

Mine is at a slightly earlier stage now. I await my pickups from the US of A, after some thought I had to agree that a P90 and a Humbucker were the way to go. I have opted for a volume, blend and tone control system rather than a three way switch. All the machine heads are in place (12) and I admit that I had to make some adaption to the machine heads with a milling machine to get them to fit the spacings... The star earthing and associated faraday cage style shielding are in place. There were some "fun and games" when it came to fitting the neck as it is a set neck with steel re-enforcing rods -a sort of "glue and screw" arrangement but with machine screws and epoxy. It has excellent sound transmission!