Tuesday 12 March 2013

Strappado-a-go-go - Jookified Customised bodies


Well, one of the things I've been doing to keep-my-hand-in while screwing has been out of the question, is to finish a few of the bodies I am going to be hopefully flogging if I ever get a web site together, and it has been fun.

In fact apart from playing the finished guitars, doing the body arty business is definitely the part I like best, so it kinda makes sense.

Anyway, as with the full-on-proper-Jooky guitars, I want the bodies to be unique with all the usual arty bollox that goes with that, and so they too will be numbered and signed, although with their own numbering system (to avoid confusion).

I thought 'Jooky Custom Bodies' would be a good name for this little initiative, and I was right.

However I've decided instead to call them Strappado Bodies, which probably isn't as descriptive, but amuses me more and gives a nod to the fact that the bodies are largely tortured in some way. So Strappado it is.

I might in future do these to order, but initially I like the idea of putting them out there and seeing what happens.

The first of these is a Jazzmaster body - a nice bit of swamp ash - which I've given a rather dashing looking corroded copper and bronze finish and done a complementary pickguard to go with it, as I'm that kinda chap.

It has worked really well and you still get some of the lovely ash grain thru it all so that is a bit of a bonus (and the aim, but then...it always is and doesn't always come off that well.)

So that is ST#1 - the first of the Strappados, and cool it is too.

After that, there is a hardtail Strat, a normal Strat and a Tele in the works, which is all good, but more on those once they are done.

And who will want such trinkets?

Well, I haven't got a clue, though the biggest danger is stopping myself from using them for guitars, I would imagine. It is already proving harder than I'd expected.

As for today, well The Black Russian One is nearly there, so maybe I'll introduce you later on if I can find another replacement nut as I've just cracked the second one...

La la laaaa





No comments: