Wednesday 6 March 2013

Scooby Snakkin'



Well, it is all a bit annoying, but lateral movement of a twisty nature at the moment, not only curtails my street dancing, but means turning screwdrivers and twirling drills is a walk on the painfilled side, so putting guitars together will have to wait a little longer, I'm afraid.

So, to avoid the boredom I thought I'd get started on a couple of finishes today instead, and therefore I've started with a shufty at The Scooby Doo One.

Now, I'm sure you assumed that I'd be aiming for the Mystery Machine look, but no.

You were wrong.

WRONG I tell theee.

The plan with this one is a little different, as I  want a classic old wood look to the back, and so am staining that with a rosewoodish colour, which will be distressed later I'm sure.

This of course is my semi acoustic Mosrite-ish body, and as the final element of an unlikely trilogy, it is going to have a pearly top with added moondust sprinkles, which I think should look rather stunning.

Other than that it will have a pair of P90 soapbars, a Mojo wiring loom, a Strat neck, Trapeze tailpiece and a Rickenbacker-esque bridge.

It will be cool. I might even find an old Ventures record and make a pretty scratchplate, why not.

So The Scooby Doo One, surf baby surf, one for all you err, groovy cats. I expect.

La la laaaa

No comments: