Friday 22 March 2013

Getting Deeper and Down


Well, I've been thinking about doing this for years and never quite got there, but I have decided that the time is right for the first ever Jooky Bass Guitar, and so that is going on the list.

It is going to be based on the '51 Precision, the one with the single Tele-like pickup, and I want it to be rusty with a plain black 'guard and generally look distressed if not distressing.

Obviously it will need a maple neck and maybe a few sequins.

OK, it might have a rosewood neck, no point getting silly about things.

I've already rustificated the back, as you can sort of see, and it is currently drying from it's initial hard waxing...which is always a joy.

So there we are, The Throbbing One, coming one day soonish.

La la laaaa


3 comments:

Paz said...

Spooky or what!

I have a 74 Hayman 4040 Bass and acquired another for spares (I needed a replacement neck) and have a body going spare and I was wondering whether there had aver been a Jooky Bass!!!! Will watch this one with interest!!!

Dickinstein said...

Dude. This is weird, Literaly yesterday I was pricing up doing up an old bass too. Obviously it wont have the jooky awesomeness but ill try my best ;-)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Wow, must be something in the air at the moment... :o)