Thursday 28 March 2013

Gimping My Tele Baby



Well, I got a lovely walnut telecaster body a while ago, and the subtle little plan has being to make myself a nice Esquire to have around the place, as the one time I used a walnut body before I was rather impressed.

Anyway, I've started staining that as I want it pretty and simple, and I snapped up a Ye Olde Bakelite pickguard, so that is cool too.

I was also really impressed by the neck I put on The Black Russian One - with the ebony board, so I am going to grab another of those for this and there we are.

As for pickups, well I've been thinking about a Gimp pickup for a Tele and have decided to go for one that I really loved when Marc at Mojo Pickups made me one before, which was basically a hot P90 in a Tele Bridge sized form...

And so that is what the second Gimp will be - a Tele P90 for the perfect Esquire...That will debut here too.

I feel so un-manic about this, I'm really not sure why, but it will be uber cool methinks.

A Tele P90 Gimp, can't really beat that.

Apart from maybe if I put a Bigsby on it..

That'll be The Chimera One then, it has to happen sooner or later.

La la laaaa

No comments: