Tuesday 26 March 2013

Introducing: The Spindrifting One


Well, the bratskis holibob mithering may be cramping me style somewhat, but I snuck thru some final tweaking and fettling yesterday and I'm pleased and proud to be able to formally introduce you to the rather splendid The Spindrifting One, and what a battered and aged bit of stuff it is.

From the top it is a back loading swamp ash bodied Strat, which has been given a lovely 'Time Stained' finish, battered around the ring and generally looks as though it has lived a life less ordinary.

The neck is quite divine, maple and rosewood, 9.5" radius, nice soft C of shape.

It is strung thru the body and hard of tail, so sustains like a little blue tablet, and has a lovely zingy tone. Tuners are aged Wilkinsons, strap pins some aged Gotohs which are my new faves courtesy of Planet Mojo.

And speaking of Mr Ransley, The Spindrifting One of course is boasting the first ever set of our Jooky exclusive Gimps pickups, in all their shabbiest of chicness. In case you missed these, they are uncovered and given a fabric binding here in Jookyland, and are something truly special, with a bridge pickup that is simply stunning and 'tweeny positions that just want to make you smile. These are everything I always wanted a set of Strat pickups to be but have never found and I am in love. End of.

These of course are linked together with one of Mojo Pickups vintage looms, complete with all the good stuff that entails.

Finishing touches are some shiny chromed pickup rings and shinier still Gretsch knobs and a rear control panel carved from an old Blues record.

So there we are, probably the best Strat you'll never get to play, as I may well just have to keep this one. OK, probably not, because of the golden rules of Jookiness, but I want to. I really want to, and Strats and me don't do that baby.

La la laaaa









No comments: