Thursday 21 March 2013

A Glimpse of the Gimps


Well, I'm feeling rather chipper today. The Black Russian One is awesome, in a box and awaiting a courier, and I've fettled and plonked my first set of Gimps in The Spindrifiting One.

For those of you that were tripping and missed it, the Gimps are my very own, uniquely specced pickups that Marc Ransley at Mojo Pickups has wound for me and then I have Jookified for goodly measurement.

These will only be available from the Jooky web site and will no doubt feature prominently in my guitars in the coming months.

Right, I am such an ad break.

The idea behind them is that I don't really love normal Strat pickups, and so we've come up with something that is subtly different having more of a Tele or P90 voice, which should be interesting, especially with a five way switch.

As for the look, well you can't see too well in the shonky fotos, but they don't have covers, instead are bound and definitely have an air of Jookiness about them.

The pickups are numbered and signed as with everything else, and they will be few and far between, I'm sure. These are the Strat ones, though I think there will be a Tele one soon...

Anyway, these are the first ever set and I wanted them in The Spindrifting One as that is pretty groovy too.

Now if I can just find some solder, I'll see how they sound

La la laaaa




No comments: